Upcoming Event: Florida
Join us and watch racers compete at the Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout on October 20-21st at Jumbolair Airport in Ocala, FL. This 2-day event of speed, performance and pure exhilaration allows racers to go door-to-door without the restriction of speed limits!
TWO FULL DAYS OF SPEED RECORDED, SIDE-BY-SIDE RACING
What: Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout
When: October 20-21, 2018
Where: Jumbolair Airport, 1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479
Contact: (850) 797-8579
All of our participants will be given a chance to take their vehicle’s Top Speed down Jumbolair’s private 7550 ft runway and race door-to-door against the competitor of their choice. See what it’s finally like to race without the restrictions of speed limits, on what is basically your own private proving grounds in Ocala, FL! This event is limited to only 150 cars per day and is sure to sell out quick so register today and we promise to make your automotive dreams come true.
Award Classes: (based off vehicle trap speeds)
- Overall Exotic/Import
- Overall Domestic
- Naturally Aspirated
- Manual Transmission
- 4 Door
- Heavyweight – Vehicle curb weight must be greater than 4k lbs (Curb Weight based off OEM Manufacturer’s Ratings)
- Spectator tickets purchased on-site are cash only in addition to all merchandise!
- We do not limit spectator ticket sales!
- Spectators must provide their own tents and chairs.
- Event is limited to 135 cars/motorcycles per day
- All races will be started from a dig or a roll and will be run, side by side, for a full half mile
- Unlimited number of runs. You will only be restricted by the turnover time that each run takes
- All drivers will be required to wear SA2010+ helmets for vehicles and M2010+ helmets for motorcycles
- Speeds will be recorded with a dual-lane speed trap system
- Catered lunch included for all drivers